Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Info on STI Target Master

Kano

I am looking for a range gun that is a Tac Driver at 25 & 50 yards I see good and bad about STI but see some dealers offer tune ups on new guns you buy from them to make sure the gun is in good working order. I shoot very well at long range and do 95% of my shooting from 25yards and beyond, is the Target Master a good gun for long range slow fire shooting. Thanks for any info.

Edited by Kano

Welcome to the forum!

One of the guys I work with is a serious PPC shooter. He bought a Target Master when he had to send his primary gun back to Springfield for a rebuild/rebarrel. I never got to shoot it, but he told me that it shot very well at 25 and 50yds. The slide and barrel fit were very nice, it cycled smoothly and the trigger was pretty darn good for stock. When his Springer came back it had a new Nowlin barrel in it and comparing them side-by-side he said the Springer was slightly more accurate, but I don't think he worked up different loads or got too involved in the comparison. The STI barrels are good, but I doubt they're quite as good as the best out there i.e. Nowlin, KKM, Schuemann, Bar-sto etc. That's probably the difference he saw and the only way around that is to get someone to build up a gun from scratch or get a premium barrel fit to something like the Target Master.