Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCI Primers

ONG

I have used CCI in my Lee Hand press,

They always work very well.

I have heard of , but have not experienced a feeding problem using my Dillon. 650. I just don't use them. They might work just fine.

I have nothing aganst CCI.

I like Winchester Brass and Primers. I get the results I want and I just stick with it.

If it is not broken don’t fix it.

Jim M ammo

• 2 weeks later...
After tens of thousands of rounds of reloads with recently manufactured CCI LP primers, I've had no issues whatsoever. 18# mainspring. I did have two, exactly two rounds of factory CCI Blazer that wouldn't fire out of about 15,000 back when I was shooting factory ammo [ugh].

A friend, however, swears they can be out of round and difficult to use with a feed tube, but that claim needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

In general, I'm not particular when it comes to primers, except that I don't like Federal's packaging. All I could find this summer was Winchester and CCI and not at the same time, so that's what I used.

You friend is correct. The CCI primers do tend to be out of round. I have compaired them with other primers and brass and in some brass they are hard to seat where as the Winchester seat fine with any type brass.