Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwells

TannerB

what kind of platform and what brand of magwell? metal magwells generally lasts longer that plastic ones.

Glock 35, and it will probably be an open class gun, but at the same time i would like to still run in limited classes, so I don't think I can have a huge magwell.

It is hard to go wrong with the Dawson for the reasons above and it is a qualitly magwell that will last longer than standard platic. Magwell size won't hold you back from shooting Lim/Lim10. Many people use the Dawson in both divisions and it is larger than most.

You may be thinking about magwell size in Standard class, which is the IPSC equivalent of the USPSA Limited class.

In IPSC Standard the gun has to fit the IPSC box with a mag inserted, most big magwells won't fit the box. Below is a picture of my Limited gun, with the STI stainless magwell,it is very tight, but will fit the IPSC if you depress the rear sight.

Edited to upload smaller file size

post-3253-1195240466.jpg

Edited by CenTX

I currently have a THE Brass magwell on my G35 and am quite happy with it, as long as i don't stare at the cosmetic dings that i have put into it. After about 20 minutes of dry firing/reloading i looked at the bottom of the magwell and was shocked. If I wanted to spend a little extra money i would go with the Dawson ICE since it has the replaceable plastic insert. I like the heavyness of the Brass magwells though since it brings a glock to a similar weight to a 2011/1911 platform.