Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Subcompact Magazine w/Sleeve - Production?

jdavionic

I've got an XDSC in 9mm and I've been thinking of competing with this gun in USPSA Production. When I purchased the gun, Springfield sold it in an XD Gear kit that included a 15rd magazine with a sleeve and some other items. My question is - can I compete using this magazine with sleeve in production? Is it considered an OEM item since it is sold by Springfield with their gun?

Thanks.

I've got an XDSC in 9mm and I've been thinking of competing with this gun in USPSA Production. When I purchased the gun, Springfield sold it in an XD Gear kit that included a 15rd magazine with a sleeve and some other items. My question is - can I compete using this magazine with sleeve in production? Is it considered an OEM item since it is sold by Springfield with their gun?

Thanks.

btt

I've seen one of those on the range. What worries me is the sleeve considered an added weight? You do get 2 10 RD mags with it right? I'm wondering if a shooter can just go buy half a dozen of the weighted sleeves and use the 15 rd mags exclusively? An advantage ???

I looked hard at the 5" XD .45 Compact a few months ago --- every one of those appeared to come with one flush fitting ten rounder, and a longer sleeved 13 rounder. If the 9s are shipped the same I'd argue you could shoot either, or both mags, loaded to 10 --- but I'd run this past DNROI....