Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you want to shoot a great match around friendly people ,come to the TROPICAL CUP in beautiful Costa Rica.

Check out the experience of some USPSA shooters that went to the Columbus Cup In Guatemala in this same forum(Match Announcements).

We will have Phil Strader Shooting against two time World Champion Eric Grauffel in Standard,and last but not least also GM JJ Racaza will be attending.

Take some time off and stay for vacation,and shoot a wonderful match.

You can find all information including tourism related in http://www.tropicalcup.com

Miguel Yamuni

Match Director

I shot a match this weekend in St. Augustine, Florida. What was really nice, beyond the two stages I shot properly was that three of the shooters were going to the Costa Rican “Tropical Cup” in May. There is a fourth prospective shooter who is trying to sort out the domestic ramifications.

This is the first shooting trip abroad for these guys and they are psyched. One said “ I can take my vacation and shoot matches here or take my wife and go somewhere new and interesting”.

The level of competition doesn’t get much better – Grauffel, Strader and Gomez in Standard and J.J. and JoJo in Open.

Sorry if this sounds too much like propaganda. If you have a passport check out the official pitch: http://www.tropicalcup.com/tc/index.html

DVC,

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

Dear JMD

Very glad to read in your reply that there is a group of shooters coming to Costa Rica in May for the TROPICAL CUP.

If it is their first match abroad we will make our best for their experience to be worthwhile.

Indeed the level of competition does not get better.Simon JJ Racaza and Jojo Vidanes confirmed that they are shooting Standard .

That Super Squad looks really smoking hot.

Hope to see you in Costa Rica

Miguel Yamuni

• 1 month later...

Ok everyone. The results are out. Eric G. won the match in standard (is it even possible for him to lose?:)) Phil Strader came in second at 90,12%(!!!!), JJ Racaza 3rd at 89,75%

All I can say is that I'm amazed that someone can be the best in both standard and open. I heard he's getting some revolvers from S&W.......

Erik, yeah, it'll be an exciting match, no doubt. I know it says nothing, but TGO put Phil at 92,...% at the WS13. It could mean TGO and Eric will be dang close....It'll be cool.

Well, since I was there, I'll put my spin on things. Eric basically shot a flawless match. He had a .6 sec jam on a stage, but, other than that, no mistakes. He really doesn't shoot all that fast, he's just very solid. Me, on the other hand, didn't quite have such a match. Out of a 212 round match, I shot 28 extra shots AND had 3 misses. HORRIBLE!

If Robbie had been there, and shot a mistake free match...I think he would've beaten Eric. Rob just shoots faster than him, but Eric moves better. If you've never seen Grauffel shoot, just imagine Frank Garcia's consistent shooting with Jerry Barnhart's movement. This guy is a professional shooter and it shows. I'm a hobby shooter, and it definitely showed that weekend.

I will be ready by the Nationals, though. It should be a very interesting match, that's for sure. For now, I'm playing at Area 4 with my new Open Gun! That should also be interesting (ugly).