Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Serendipity Bolt Pattern

JoshF

Does anyone know if the serendipity bolt pattern is shared with the SVI Carbon mount??

I know the SVI has only two holes in the right side but I was curious if I picked up a used open gun with the Serendipity could I replace it with the SVI.

Also any input on the SVI mount would be appreciated. I don't know much about it other then that it's a very cool looking mount :blush:

Josh --- they are the same hole pattern. I have a slightly used one for sale for $60 shipped if you're interested.

Rich Redovian

Idaho Section Coordinator

+1 on the same pattern. I replaced my Serendipity with an SVI mount.

Rich if he doesn't want the SVI mount I know someone who probbaly does.

Also any input on the SVI mount would be appreciated. I don't know much about it other then that it's a very cool looking mount...

Just be aware that, purely due to the number of parts, it requires a bit of tending to be sure stuff isn't loosening up.

Worse - I retired mine after both scope rings cracked through at the sharp corner where they mount to the "base plate" - it's a built-in stress riser (nothing quite like abruptly losing zero in the middle of match...). My sole (backup) racegun still sporting an Aimpoint now has a solid aluminum one-piece mount - just far fewer things to go wrong, IMHO...

Hard to go wrong with a C-More atop an Alchin mount...