Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide litening/serrations

tk4

Illegal. I did weigh the slide and it weighs 12.034 oz. Oh well, I wish I would have weighed it before the flutes.

DaG

I really don't think it would have mattered. When they start looking different than cocking serrations HQ isn't going to let it fly I'm afraid.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Kimber slides weigh in at 13.1 oz (carbon steel). An once may not make a difference to the average shooter but it may be significant to a MA level shooter. The rules are pretty simple. While it might have been done for "cosmetics" there's no question that a significant amount of steel was removed.

My Kimber slides weigh in at 13.1 oz (carbon steel). An once may not make a difference to the average shooter but it may be significant to a MA level shooter. The rules are pretty simple. While it might have been done for "cosmetics" there's no question that a significant amount of steel was removed.

Just because his slide now weighs 12oz and your kimber's weighs 13 doesn't mean that he took an oz off. Hell his slide may have weighed 14 and now it weighs the same as yours. Like I said before I think it is more of a perceaved advantage than a real advantage. Now if you cut it up like my limited gun your taking a lot more off than an oz, your allowing me to use lighter springs and get back on target faster. I think IDPA's rule on it is fine by me. Its a different game with different rules which make its another challenge and there for a different kind of fun.

Just because his slide now weighs 12oz and your kimber's weighs 13 doesn't mean that he took an oz off. Hell his slide may have weighed 14 and now it weighs the same as yours. Like I said before I think it is more of a perceaved advantage than a real advantage. Now if you cut it up like my limited gun your taking a lot more off than an oz, your allowing me to use lighter springs and get back on target faster. I think IDPA's rule on it is fine by me. Its a different game with different rules which make its another challenge and there for a different kind of fun.

I agree. That's why I pointed out that mine is carbon steel vs stainless. Advantage or not it's obviously a significant mod to the weight of the slide. Whether it helps him or not is beyond the point.

I agree. That's why I pointed out that mine is carbon steel vs stainless. Advantage or not it's obviously a significant mod to the weight of the slide. Whether it helps him or not is beyond the point.

I missed the SS vs CS part.