Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Steel-1

bulm540

Hello,

I've been shooting production for three years using two 92 Stock Models (yes, the ones that are very hard to come by in the USA, but here in Finland it's available) and now I'm waiting for two new Steel-1 pistols. I've only shot about 30-40 rounds with one, but it's great. Especially so if you like the 1911 grip angle. The grip is also very good for small handed shooters such as myself; it's in fact similar in shape to that of the 92 Vertec. I don't like arched mainspring housings on the 1911 and I like the shape of Steel-1's grip a little better than any other Berettas I've used.

My Stock models weight 1015 grams and the Steel-1 is even heavier; 1200g and that feels when you shoot it! I'm not saying the Stock isn't nice to shoot with, but the Steel-1 is even easier. Some of my fellow IPSC-shooters also like the fact that you have more weight in the frame of the pistol. The sights are ok (I'll paint the dots on mine all black) and you can get the Dawson FO for it also.

I've been very satisfied with the performance of my Berettas, which are still in great shape BTW (I've shot over 30000 rounds through the two of them with the only problems being the 2 FTE with the other pistol due to worn out extractor) and expect nothing less from the new pistols. It may take a while though before I get them, but I'm trying be patient...

Simo