Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Full Size 9mm - after market Barrel

jkushner1

My M&P doesnt like heavy bullets, but I do. It shoots 115/124 all day long with excellent accuracy (Burwell bought/built M&P). I saw that Dan stated on his web site that he was working on a barrel. Anyone know anything, I really want to shoot my std Hornady 147 thru it. Its part of my totally tweaked 9mm Production gun collection that may get used if CZ's ever get outlawed (Humor) but I would drop a few hundred $$ though for an M&P bbl that stabilizes 147gr fodder.

TY

Jkushner1

What kind of 147's you shooting that your MP doesn't like? Why doesn't it like them and what to the bullets do wrong (ie keyhole, etc).

I heard from a very good inside source that the 5" MP will be released somewhere around beginning of Feb 2008.

I have shot 147's thru my MP9 and havent had any issues. I used Precision Delta 147's. What kind of 124's did you use that it shot OK with? (Berry's)

• 5 months later...
What kind of 147's you shooting that your MP doesn't like? Why doesn't it like them and what to the bullets do wrong (ie keyhole, etc).

I heard from a very good inside source that the 5" MP will be released somewhere around beginning of Feb 2008.

I have shot 147's thru my MP9 and havent had any issues. I used Precision Delta 147's. What kind of 124's did you use that it shot OK with? (Berry's)

Sorry for the late response, the 4.25" M&P 9mm is shooting Hornady 147gr RN 9mm over 3.5gr TG at 1.15" OAL - they shoot great thu my SPO1 and 85 Combat but as Burwell warned they tumbled and keyhold thru the M&P. My 124's are also Hornady RN's over a lil more TG, they punch clean little symmetrical holes thru the M&P.

Now: I have a storm lake installed, I tried the best I could to get the rifling rate, but couldnt find. Hoping the Storm Lake 4.25" has tighter rifling to stabilize the Horndy 147's but havent had a chance to shoot it yet. Also just finshed a Tanfo Elite Stock project and Baby Eagle project, but if I have to grab a gun for a match right now its the SP01 or the M&P, have a pretty trick Sig All around in .40 that just had its trgger done and want to get some trigger time with it minor. But on Match day, the SP01 is choice #1 and the M&P hopefully will remain #2 with the 147's and its new storm lake barrel.

Thanks,

Jon

Just thought I would share a recipe that has worked for my M&P. I use 147 cast bullets over 3.8 Bullseye OAL .115. At 25 yards they are just as accurate as any 124 I have loaded and more accurate than any 115. The recoil is stout, however steel drops with out gueston.

Sorry for the late response, the 4.25" M&P 9mm is shooting Hornady 147gr RN 9mm over 3.5gr TG at 1.15" OAL - they shoot great thu my SPO1 and 85 Combat but as Burwell warned they tumbled and keyhold thru the M&P. My 124's are also Hornady RN's over a lil more TG, they punch clean little symmetrical holes thru the M&P.

Now: I have a storm lake installed, I tried the best I could to get the rifling rate, but couldnt find. Hoping the Storm Lake 4.25" has tighter rifling to stabilize the Horndy 147's but havent had a chance to shoot it yet. Also just finshed a Tanfo Elite Stock project and Baby Eagle project, but if I have to grab a gun for a match right now its the SP01 or the M&P, have a pretty trick Sig All around in .40 that just had its trgger done and want to get some trigger time with it minor. But on Match day, the SP01 is choice #1 and the M&P hopefully will remain #2 with the 147's and its new storm lake barrel.

Thanks,

Jon