Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super - Sources For Once Fired Cases

Joseph796

Good Luck...........every 38 super shooter in the country would like to find a source of once-fired brass. The only people who shoot 38 super anymore are IPSC open gun shooters and most of them pick up all their brass (as much as they can find) at matches. It sometimes shows up after big matches where you cannot pick up brass, but it's rare find to see it for sale in any quantity as one-fired brass.

Good Luck...........every 38 super shooter in the country would like to find a source of once-fired brass. The only people who shoot 38 super anymore are IPSC open gun shooters and most of them pick up all their brass (as much as they can find) at matches. It sometimes shows up after big matches where you cannot pick up brass, but it's rare find to see it for sale in any quantity as one-fired brass.

The other day I was at the local indoor range and per my practice, swept up around my area so it would be easier to pick up my cases....the owner is a friend so I even sweep in front of the stalls when nobody else is shooting. To my total surprise somebody had been shooting .38 Super and left the cases there....a whole bunch of them. When I was shooting Super instead of SC I never saw anything like that happen....figures!

I used to help out at Phil's range near D.C., and in return I'd take home a bucket or two (5 gal) of brass to sort & use.

Over 3 years I think I found 20 pieces of .38 Super brass.

Sources of used 38 sup don't exist. You will just have to buy new brass and load that.

Edited by Carlos

<_< You could volunteer as an RO at one of the larger matches, They may let the Ro's have the brass off the stage?

At Steel Challenge :blink: they have a week that some of the shooters "practice" Todd J told ne he was leaving !7,000! pieces of brass on the ground. The Mikes rake it all up and sell it as :blink: scrap metal. Well I thats what Doug said.

Edited by AlamoShooter