Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Barrel Configuration

Those of you who have shot iron sighted compensated pistol might be able to help me with this question.

Do you believe there would be an advantage to building a limited pistol wiht the front sight mounted on the barrel instead of the slide?  The extra weight at the end of the barrel could reduce muzzle flip and the while the sight would travel in recoil it would not be moving to and from the eye.

Opinions?

If it's for limited, how would you mount the front sight with a comp?

To answer your question, I've got a CZ champion with factory comp and iron sights, front sight on the comp, and it does seem to be easier to track.

Also, Brian mentions in his book that he noticed that right away...

(Ironically, the .40 champ has the sight on the comp, but the 9's I've seen have the sight on the slide)

But, to paraphrase Brian's book, no percieved technical advantage can make up for even one miss.

SA

I thought about mounting the front sight on the barrel several years ago, but when I asked USPSA about it I was told that it would be illegal. And then upon further experimentation with the concept using a Hybird .40, I decided I really didn't care anymore. Which meant I felt the "advantage" was perceived, not real.

be