Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACTS matches In Tucson AZ

I would like to invite you all to the acts matches in Tucson AZ . We are not a three gun but we do rifle and handgun in a tactical format. If you want to compare it to something, it is like IDPA with both rifles and handguns. Our matches have been running for a year now with a good showing but I want to see more shooters, now that the weather is cooler, I hope to see more shooters out there. I am attaching a flyer for you all to look at and if you want, a set of rules you can get them at actshooters.com thanks Scott

If you make it to the match please let me know what site you got the info from Scott

American Confederation of Tactical Shooters

(Combat Rifle)

Purpose - To provide a sport in which Civilian gun owners along with Military and Law Enforcement professionals can practice 'real world' shooting skills in a sporting venue that has not been offered by any other shooting discipline or association.

To promote the safe practical, proficient use of rifles. To foster sportsmanship and camaraderie among rifle owners and to support and defend the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Date: Second Saturday of every month

Time: 9:00 (sign up begins at 8:00)

Location: Pima Pistol club south end of Bowmans road 520-825-3603

Match Fees: $10 member

$15 non-member

ACTS is a unique action shooting sport whose primary tool is the rifle. It is in a similar vain as IDPA, but rather than pistols, we use rifles, and we use much longer ranges. At an average match, you will fire up to 200 rounds of rifle, and up to 50 rounds of pistol ammunition. Matches will consist of 5 to 6 stages with ranges from 5 to 200 yards. We test more than your ability to hit a paper target from a static position. We challenge you by getting you out of your comfort zone, and moving you about. We shoot from cover, while on the move, at multiple targets posted at varying unknown distances.

We teach that you that your mind is the weapon. The rifle is merely a tool.

Are you up to the challenge?

For more information, visit ACTS on the web at http://www.actshooters.com

Point of Contact: Scott Nehring

Tel: (520) 331-6840

Email: swacts@comcast.net

• 5 weeks later...

There is some talk of changing this to the third Saturday so it doesn't conflict with the Rio Salado Rifle/Shotgun match, if this happens I will attend it regularly. I went down this weekend because the Rifle/Shotgun match was cancelled due to the desert classic.

Once you get past some of the differences between it and normal multi-gun matches, it is a decent format to shoot your rifle and pistol in.

Some better shooters need to start showing up, it doesn't seem right that I've won it both times I've gone down there. :surprise:

Edited by SinistralRifleman