Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II vs Limited

slavex

Ok so what's the difference between the frames on these guns? I tried out a Limited in .40 today and want the safeties off of it on my Stock II. will they fit? will it be legal in Production Division? and why did the .40 mags from the Limited didn't even go in my mag well, and my mags didn't fit lock into the Limited. I thought the frames were the same size? I also thought the mags would be the same, except for feed lips and follower maybe.

Rob,

I think if you switch safeties you're breaking the rules of Production, right ?

The mags will interchange, but take a look at the magwell of the Limited. It has a bad fit, I've noticed since the newer mag wells came out (slightly different shade of aluminum finish), there's a tab sticking into the magazine opening. I've had to file down all the new ones to make the 10mm mags fit into a 40 s&w limited. Not a big deal, but something the factory should have caught. I notified Tanfoglio when we talked at the Europeans in France.

I'm going to write an article about it on my Tech Forum as well... just not right now.

Let me know if this is not the case and I'll look further into it. In which case you should probably call me since I don't even own a Stock II.

I compared the mags for the Limited in .40 to my 9mm Stock II mags and the .40's are slightly larger. What we need to find is someone who has a .40 Stock II and a 9mm type Limited Custom. I'll do some more searching, and I guess ask Darth Pinto about the safeties. I think they should be legal, as they are factory parts??? but then again probably not, if it's not an option from the factory.