Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reload with retention video. my version

LeeIndy

Very smooth, try using your left front pants pocket for the stowed mag, it will shave some aditional movement of outside vest to inside vest to retieve the fresh mag. 511, Wollrich tac, Sig tac and even Levi's carpenter jeans have suitable pockest for this reload style and it does shave some time from the RWR.

Very smooth, try using your left front pants pocket for the stowed mag, it will shave some aditional movement of outside vest to inside vest to retieve the fresh mag. 511, Wollrich tac, Sig tac and even Levi's carpenter jeans have suitable pockest for this reload style and it does shave some time from the RWR.

actually it doesnt. ive done it both ways and practiced both to make master in idpa. and its much slower to stick double stack mags in your pants pockets even using the 511 pants. i have found it is much easier to reload into the vest when moving also.

its a feel thing. ive done it a thousand times. the mag isnt completely out of the gun when it touches my hand. and i angle the grip so the mag shoots into my hand almost directly above the pocket. the one time i missed during practicing it landed in the pocket.

thats my safety net. ill take the extra risk to gain a slight edge.