Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Force injuried today

nhra & force's camp have verified the cones hit by bernstein did not come in contact with force's car...so, there's something else that occurred.

Of course not... then they would be liable for the crash. Also, Kenny and John are good friends... if it was something that got thrown into John's lane, the last person you would hear that from is John or his people. He's just to much of a man say that that caused it. He wouldn't want anyone thinking anything bad of Ken. Even though Ken did a great job to keep the car out of John's lane some people would balme Ken and John would know that and guard against it. Who knows... I guess they will figure it out sooner or later. I had another look at a dif video and the rear of the car did break away before ever hitting Ken.

Yeah, John isn't the kind of guy who's going to look to place blame on why something happened...definitely not in public. If it was a marker or something on the track that got thrown into his tire, he'll work with NHRA to fix it and move on from there. In his interview he really seemed focused on making the cars safer. It's almost impossible to conceive of every way they can crash, but making them safer when they do crash is a pretty concrete objective they can work towards.

First and foremost, I would like to wish John Force a speedy recovery!

As an ex drag racer, I have had the opportunity to meet John and he is truly a super nice person with the patience to match.

As far as the frame break is concerned, my guess is when the the tire blew it twisted the frame and either broke or cracked. As far as I know John does not run a "slip-tube" chassis like many of the topfuelers and some of the funny car camp. He runs a ridgid frame setup, key word ridgid. The frame will break given enough twist, the chutes just finished it of. Of course all this is speculation.

Good news though he is alive and will be back, John is truly a great champion!