Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not looking at all sides of an issue

chuckbradley

If you refer to this web page.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/stun-gun3.htm

And take note of the differences in a Taser device and a cattle prod. Then ask your self why we as a country regulate cattle prods for reasons of human rights violations as reflected in this link.

http://www.tibet.com/Humanrights/HumanRights96/hr96_8.html

Quote from

Export Control Freaks

Matthew Swibel, 09.12.07, 6:00 AM ET

"What's on the list of controlled items may shock you. The Springer Magrath Co. of McCook, Neb., pleaded guilty a year ago to criminal export violations for shipping cattle prods without a license. Although cattle prods are often used as devices of torture, the feds say, there's no evidence Springer Magrath's buyers (in Mexico and Ireland, among others) were Abu Ghraib copycats. Still, it cost Springer $500,000 in criminal and civil fines."

But condone their use against our own citizenry.

Not to say I dont agree with their use in the proper circumstance and agree it is sometimes the best alternative. But it is an eerie similarity when a college student at a political forum is hushed up and taken away for speaking using a similar device. Being that there seemed to be no physical threat , the best solution may have been to let the student talk and let it play itself out. Eventually the audience would have told him to be quiet. As long as it was kept non violent then it is merely debate. The speaker could have left or chose to engage. Why do we protect the politician and hogtie the citizen? I realize the LE in this have only been the instruments used by those higher up and were in probability only doing what they were told. Its not their actions individually that concerns me but the acceptance of it and proliferation of acts like it in our society.

I wasnt there and there may have been other circumstances that we are not aware of that warranted the reaction . We just have to be really careful when it comes to free speech. That is why I had mixed emotions with what hapened.

From the Hate forum guidelines:

The Hate forum was created and is intended as a place to vent or rant, period.

General or supportive-related comments are not prohibited; however - rebuttals are specifically prohibited.

Or in other words: If you don't agree with someone's rant - keep it to yourself.

NOTE: At a Moderator's discretion, Hate rants may be locked at any time after the initial post.

As posted in the Forum's general guidelines -

This forum was not created or intended as a place to discuss or debate political issues of any kind - either IPSC, USPSA, or governmental. This includes Hate rants.

I'm closing a whole bunch of these threads --- because they sure seem like rebuttals posted in their own threads, after we closed a different thread in the "What I Like" forum.

While they're technically not a rules violation, I'm pretty confident that when Brian asked for "No rebuttals" he wasn't just talking about in individual threads ---- I believe that he didn't envision this phenomenon occurring. We will be discussing this subject among the Mods --- you may feel free to PM me Brian. Flexmoney, or myself if you have another viewpoint you'd like considered. Due to the volume of posts/threads I will not be sending pms to individual posters. Thank you for your understanding,