Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat top for old AR

Mo Zee

I am thinking if purchasing one similar to this. Is there anything I should like out for? Is it a straight swop obviously with the correct tools?

I have an old AR without the forward assist, will this work on mine?

SOrry for all the questions... :)

Yes it will work.

depending on what your lower is ...it may require an offset front take down pin...no problem easy to get and cheap.

Jim

Ps your old bolt carrier may not have the notches for the forward assist...it will still work and fit but the assist will not work without the proper bolt carrier.

also easy to get new carrier

Edited by GentlemanJim

Yes it will work.

depending on what your lower is ...it may require an offset front take down pin...no problem easy to get and cheap.

Jim

Ps your old bolt carrier may not have the notches for the forward assist...it will still work and fit but the assist will not work without the proper bolt carrier.

Wow that was quick - Thanks :)

I am not concerned about the forward assist, mainly the flat top for the scopes. I take it there wont be any problems leaving an assist that is not functional.

Yes it will work.

Jim

Wow that was quick - Thanks :)

I am not concerned about the forward assist, mainly the flat top for the scopes. I take it there wont be any problems leaving an assist that is not functional.

No ...it just wont work.

are you going to use your old barrel and hand guards ?

Jim