Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson STI base pads

redwoods

I bought the blue one about 1.5 years ago, I got the black one used on a mag, I just bought the red one two months ago, the red one is a +1.

Any ideas as to what the other ones are? Dawson +1,2,3? 1.5?

Pics included

Thanks,

Randy

post-5645-1190082178.jpg

I bought the blue one about 1.5 years ago, I got the black one used on a mag, I just bought the red one two months ago, the red one is a +1.

Pics included

Thanks,

Randy

post-5645-1190082178.jpg

Hello the blue and the black base pads are the +2 model basepads

Illegal for Limited with a 140mm tube and illegal for open with 170mm tube and legal for the 140mm for open

Edited by newshooter

Pics included

Thanks,

Randy

post-5645-1190082178.jpg

Hello the blue and the black base pads are the +2 model basepads

Illegal for Limited with a 140mm tube and illegal for open with 170mm tube and legal for the 140mm for open

There are actually two versions of the STI 140 mm tube, a pre-ban and a post-ban. The pre-ban are a little shorter and will fit the gauge with the +2 pads. The Dawson catalog has a chart that gives information on this, in catalog #45 it is on page 27.

The black base pad is the original +2 pad for the pre-ban mags with the 140 mm mag gage. The blue pad is the latest version of the +2 pad for the 141.25 mag gage. Both of the +2 pad have been discontinued. The +2 pad on a new 140 tube can cause problems with the follower going below the mag ribs and jamming as well as being longer the allowed in limited.