Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 10 rnd mags and Dawson ice

ogiebb

Wouldn't the 126mm with the international pad fit below the dawson magwell? i have the dawson international pads and use a trimmed down STI magwell for my 126mm magazines. It sticks out just a smidge so i don't end up ramming my palm against the rim of the magwell during mag changes.

info is for 126mm tubes. not sure on the 120mm tubes since i don;t have one.

the dawson intl pad fits the dawson ice magwell but only the butt of the basepad protudes out slightly. The front is literally below the magwell rim. So if you go for a over aggresive mag insertion, your palm will hurt. The smallest grams pad i have (4mm) will not work. The angle of the basepad in relation to the magwell angle is all wrong.

Hope this helps.

info is for 126mm tubes. not sure on the 120mm tubes since i don;t have one.

the dawson intl pad fits the dawson ice magwell but only the butt of the basepad protudes out slightly. The front is literally below the magwell rim. So if you go for a over aggresive mag insertion, your palm will hurt. The smallest grams pad i have (4mm) will not work. The angle of the basepad in relation to the magwell angle is all wrong.

Hope this helps.

It helps BIG TIME...thanks Yoshida :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I beam design? :huh: can we get a picture. I have a 40 s&w ten rounder where there are indentations in the mag body to limit capacity to 10 rounds. they look the same as my regular capacity mags as to the way the basepads are held in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, almost forgot about this thread. The new design 126mm mags have a huge rib down the middle of the mag, essentially limiting it to a single column of rounds, but the front and back ends of the mag are the normal width. The rounds run the length of the mag with no stupid indentation to catch a spring on.

sti_40_126mm.jpg

I beam design? :huh: can we get a picture. I have a 40 s&w ten rounder where there are indentations in the mag body to limit capacity to 10 rounds. they look the same as my regular capacity mags as to the way the basepads are held in place.