Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out from the trash heap....

Dave Wilson

A few months ago I was in the local gun shop to see what new toys I couldn't live without. The guy behind the counter asked if I wanted a project gun to work on. Sure, how much? It was a Kimber TLE/RLII, it was in pieces, looked like the disassembly was done with a hammer, big screw driver, and rusty plyers. hmm I wasn't aware that a sear spring could be bent backward in a circle... Anyway, it was a make offer deal, I offered $75.00 and got the gun. I figure at this point I might have $250.oo in it so far after buying sights (that aren't in the pictures), sear spring, bobtail mainspring housing and duracoat. The frame was both bent and twisted in the grip portion after it fell off the back of the guys truck after an afternoon of plinking with his brand new gun. I straightened everything out, smoothed the road rash on the slide and gave it a bobtail as the rear corner of the frame was toast from the asphault.

It ended up a sweet carry gun that had under 100 rounds through it when I got it. The Bobtail makes it a very comfortable gun to shoot as well. I am now on the search for a cheap iwb holster for it, not too many iwb holsters out there that are both cheap AND made for a railed gun.

Here are a few pics of the finished product.

post-5886-1189354825.jpg

post-5886-1189354832.jpg

post-5886-1189354839.jpg

Dave Wilson

Any before pictures ?

No, I was afraid to try and take pics of the before... damned ugly gun, it might have broke the camera :rolleyes:

From what I was told it fell off the tailgate at about 65 mph, then was run over by the next two semi's that were behind him. Duracoat hides a LOT!

Dave