Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Michigan ICORE Club

Well, I couldn't hold out any longer. I just had to see what all this ICORE hullaballoo was about. Just affiliated our club (Livingston Gun Club in Brighton, Michigan) with HQ and gots me a membership. We are going to run a special classifier on Sunday, June 29th with 6 classifiers and 4 feild courses (so you can get classified right before the Central Regional match). Then on August 31st we are going to host the Great Lakes Revolver Championship which will be a 9 stage event with some very nice props and stage design. We are used to running large USPSA venues, so the shift to ICORE should not be too difficult. Nonetheless, we are bringing in some very good ICORE people to help us with stage design so we get it right. We are considering making Saturday August 30th the Great Lakes Single Stack Championship and partnering the two events like they did in Iowa this year.

So, in Michigan, you can shoot our two matches in June and August, and sandwiched right in between them will be the Central Regional Match at Bend of the River in late July. This means that during the three premium shooting months up north, you will be able to catch an ICORE match. Bend of the River is talking about a fall ICORE match too, so you can probably count on September as well. We purposely scheduled ours on 5th Sundays to avoid any potential conflicts with other venues. Things are looking up in Michigan for ICORE shooting!!! We would love to get some of you people up from Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky to shoot our matches as well. Please sound off if you'd be interested!!!

I can't wait to shoot ICORE at my home club. This is gonna be a blast!!! ;)

Go to livingstongunclub.org for directions to the club. The calendar will post right after the first of the year.

Edited by Barrettone

Great news Jeff. Guess I just have to move to Indiana, Ohio or Kentucky and then I will be able to come to your match. :)

From the other side of the pond,

Tom

We'll still let you attend O' Cheesy One...just so long as you bring me a brick of cheddar, some Johnsonville Brats, and a 12 pack of home brew!!! Can you fit that all on the scooter with yer shootin' gear? If so, yer just a ferry ride and 200 miles of pavement from heaven baby!!! :cheers:

Edited by Barrettone

• 3 months later...

Just got final approval from the BoD at the club and secured the dates for next year. We are officially on for the 5th weekends in June and August. We are probably gonna go 5 and 6 neutral CoF's and blend a little Steel Challenge-type action into it since it spans both USPSA and ICORE. The first match in June will have the classifiers in it (4 to 6 of them) so you can get classified for the Central Lakes Regional and then 6 stages of steel with multiple strings (mostly stand-and-shoot). The August match will be more rounds (all steel but 20-30 rounds per COF) and reloads on the clock with just 2 classifiers among the 8 stages. I want to really pump things up for the August match. It is gonna be a lot like PSA with a lot of falling steel. We will have dual sanctioning for the matches...both USPSA and ICORE. I got "recognized" match status from USPSA President Mike Voigt so we could do it in compliance with ICORE but still get some USPSA crossover (had some PF issues to overcome). There will be open and limited revolver, and open and limited auto on the USPSA side. Since we are using all approved steel targets (except for the ICORE classifiers), we can make all this work. I hope you can all make it out!!! ;)

• 2 months later...