Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just throwing this one out there

steel1212

• 1 month later...

I just watched the video once because I'm kind of pressed for time. But off the bat it doesn't look to me like you have great control of the gun, watch the amount of movement in the gun and in your elbows when you are shooting the targets in that first position. You may want to try overhauling your grip and stance so your body physiologically acts as more of a buffer against recoil. You also have the 50 yard draw syndrome. ;)

I can't tell what the hits were, but they looked good. Good job on the star.

I just watched the video once because I'm kind of pressed for time. But off the bat it doesn't look to me like you have great control of the gun, watch the amount of movement in the gun and in your elbows when you are shooting the targets in that first position. You may want to try overhauling your grip and stance so your body physiologically acts as more of a buffer against recoil. You also have the 50 yard draw syndrome. ;)

I can't tell what the hits were, but they looked good. Good job on the star.

Jake, what is the 50 yard draw syndrome? When you get a chance could you explain what I need to work on in my grip a little better? Thanks :cheers:

• 4 months later...

I think Jake is refering to the speed at which you drew after the beep. It was very slow and controlled as if you were going to shoot a standard. It probably took you almost 2 seconds to get the first shot off.

I didn't really notice the lack of control but I did notice that you weren't in a hurry at all. The three targets on the left after the star were all within 5 yards and could have been engaged much faster. It looked like you were looking for your hits on those targets!

This is not meant to offend in any way but if you are almost a B then I am sure you will take it the right way. You can not just be happy with a clean run at the B or above level. After B or A it is mostly just mental as the actual skill required is basically there. The rest is consistancy and knowing what you can and can't do as well as how to breakdown each stage.

My recomendation would be to start doing transition drills to get them up to speed and work on your draw. You lost an easy .5 seconds or more on that alone. Work on moving from one spot to another as well as shooting on the move. That whole left array could have been engaged on the move and the reload taken as you were going around the wall.

(Now I feel bad! I do not mean to offend and am only trying to help you. I think you should just try to step it up and trust your sight picture!)

I think Jake is refering to the speed at which you drew after the beep. It was very slow and controlled as if you were going to shoot a standard. It probably took you almost 2 seconds to get the first shot off.

I didn't really notice the lack of control but I did notice that you weren't in a hurry at all. The three targets on the left after the star were all within 5 yards and could have been engaged much faster. It looked like you were looking for your hits on those targets!

This is not meant to offend in any way but if you are almost a B then I am sure you will take it the right way. You can not just be happy with a clean run at the B or above level. After B or A it is mostly just mental as the actual skill required is basically there. The rest is consistancy and knowing what you can and can't do as well as how to breakdown each stage.

My recomendation would be to start doing transition drills to get them up to speed and work on your draw. You lost an easy .5 seconds or more on that alone. Work on moving from one spot to another as well as shooting on the move. That whole left array could have been engaged on the move and the reload taken as you were going around the wall.

(Now I feel bad! I do not mean to offend and am only trying to help you. I think you should just try to step it up and trust your sight picture!)

A now limited and yeah, I got ya, thanks.