Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost 5.0 connector

chp5

I recently installed a Ghost 5.0 connector in my G23. Here's a pic: Ghost 5.0

It's skeleton-ized. I got a light trigger (~4 lbs on an RBS gage) and an extremely short reset. I think I'll put them in my competition Glocks as well.

Just wondering, but what purpose does the skeletonizing serve for the connector?

These are advertised as, "Debris Channels"...sort of a ported main leg of the connector intended to prevent debris from accumulating. You can read more here:

http://www.ghostinc.com/category/50_tactical/

I've used the Ghost standard and Rocket connectors and was a bit ambivalent on their performance. The last one I tried was a Ghost Rocket in my G34. The over-travel tab worked as advertised but I wound up swapping it out for a LWD 3.5 LB connector and handling over-travel differently...on this one, the reset was very weak and shooting with my weak hand, found unintended doubling occurred on occasion.

I've used the Ghost standard and Rocket connectors and was a bit ambivalent on their performance. The last one I tried was a Ghost Rocket in my G34. The over-travel tab worked as advertised but I wound up swapping it out for a LWD 3.5 LB connector and handling over-travel differently...on this one, the reset was very weak and shooting with my weak hand, found unintended doubling occurred on occasion.

These sound like spring problems rather than connector issues, although I suppose the connector could cause doubles if it were too short.

How about the Ghost 5.0 in a Glock 17 for IPSC Std competition? Or are there better Drop-In triggers for competition?

As I'm used to revo DA-trigger pull, 2 lbs trigger pull sounds light to me.... ;)

Edited by RogerT

I prefer the Lone Wolf 3.5 with their Ultimate Trigger Stop, with a RS (triggerkit.com) trigger bar with this system and a few other changes, I am able to get my trigger to about 2 pounds, and I have never experienced a double. I do prefer a 4.5 pound pull on my carry gun, but I expect it to have quick reset also, you will probably end up having to try different parts to get the trigger as you like it, I know I have tried about everything there is.

The only real option I have left is a full out trigger job from one of the major Glocksmiths. Once I get a chance to try one out for myself, I will probably take the plunge.

IPSC standard divivsion has a 5 pound trigger pull minimum (if I am not mistaken), and with that, you would be best suited to buy a trigger pull bar, and test parts on your own, or send it off to a gun smith, and have them do it for you!

Thanks for your input, Glockster35.

Only IPSC Production has a 5 lb trigger pull requirement, in Standard (Limited in US) there is no such rule ;) so I'm good to go with a lighter trigger pull.

A fast and reliable trigger return is important for speed shooting, so I will try my hands on a gun with the Lone Wolf kit and try it out.

Edited by RogerT

A fast and reliable trigger return is important for speed shooting, so I will try my hands on a gun with the Lone Wolf kit and try it out.

Agreed. It all depends on what you like. I don't like the feel of the weak trigger return with the reduced power trigger spring.

I also don't like the relatively long reset of the 3.5# connector -even with a trigger stop. If you want the shortest reset posible (which I like), then you must go with a 5# connector.