Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Use of cover when reloading?

Filishooter

NEVERMIND...FOUND THE ANSWER!

From the current rulebook:

More than 50% of the shooter’s upper torso must be behind cover while engaging threat targets and/or RELOADING.

Reloads must be completed from cover, however this does not mean that a shooter must duck back completely behind cover to reload before reengaging targets from a stationary firing point. The contestant may keep his eyes on his next “opponent” as long as he follows the definition of cover and does not expose too much of his body to

the next threat target.I have a question on cover while reloading. If you are engaging a target from behind cover and need to do a reload, do you HAVE to bring your entire body BEHIND cover or can you reload from your last shooting position (target still visible)? I did this one match and an SO called me on cover?!!

Another form member brought this to my attention while critiqueing my video here. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry598690

If you watch throughout the match I am ducking BEHIND cover on my reload and loosing vision of my target... which is costing me time. I figure I could shave at least 5 seconds thoughout the match if I can reload without ducking for cover.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Filishooter

I have a question on cover while reloading. If you are engaging a target from behind cover and need to do a reload, do you HAVE to bring your entire body BEHIND cover or can you reload from your last shooting position (target still visible)? I did this one match and an SO called me on cover?!!

No. As long as 100% of your lower body and 50% of your upper body is behind cover, you are ok. From page 44 in the rule book:

"Reloads must be completed from cover, however this does not mean that a shooter must duck back completely behind cover to reload before reengaging targets from a stationary firing point. The contestant may keep his eyes on his next “opponent” as long as he follows the definition of cover and does not expose too much of his body to the next threat target."