Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production - Backward Cant OK?

The Outsider

I just got a BladeTech DOH holster for my G34. The hoslter has a removable Drop feature and can Cant backwards (so the muzzle points to the shooter's front 15 degrees) and fowards (so the muzzle points to the shooter's rear 15 degrees).

I realize the Drop may be illegal in 2008, but can I use a 15 degree Forward Cant?

With the Forward Cant, the front strap of the gun is at or above belt level if I take off the Drop feature.

I just got a BladeTech DOH holster for my G34. The hoslter has a removable Drop feature and can Cant backwards (so the muzzle points to the shooter's front 15 degrees) and fowards (so the muzzle points to the shooter's rear 15 degrees).

I realize the Drop may be illegal in 2008, but can I use a 15 degree Forward Cant?

With the Forward Cant, the front strap of the gun is at or above belt level if I take off the Drop feature.

Does the muzzle point beyond 3 meters from your feet? If so, then it's not legal. (Rule 5.2.7.3)

Edited by racerba

Does the muzzle point beyond 3 meters from your feet? If so, then it's not legal. (Rule 5.2.7.3)

Nope. The muzzle is pointed at the ground about 1.5 ft behind my feet.

This position makes my standard draws much faster, and my surrender draws just a bit slower, so I think I'll try this for a while to see how I like it.

Edited by The Outsider

One thing to be aware of... a number of times I have seen shooters draw "in a hurry" from a rearward-canted holster... they basically get their arm moving forward before the gun has cleared the holster, and it results in a muzzle that is pointed almost straight rearward. This is A Bad Thing, and will result in having to find something else to do with the rest of your day.

I don't see this happen with forward-canted holsters.

Just food for thought...

Bruce