Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timing while dry firing

hayes45

I am new to the sport and completly hooked to the point it is all I think about. I was reading an old post talking about the sub 3 second Prez. I was wandering how people were getting there times while dry firing for split, exchanges etc.. I did not know if someone else was holding a stop watch or what. I have access to the standard timer used in matches I and know to use when firing but did not know there was function that could be used byself when dry firing.

thanks, Justin

Hey Justin

Welcome to the forums and my favortie addiction too. If you use the "Par" setting on your timer, you can set the time limits on your dry fire exercises. Steve Anderson's book has great drills and times to get you started. If you're doing live practice, just use the timer as you would in a match and record the time.

A par time consists of the start beep followed by another beep that you have set. This allows you to gauge your time on a particular drill, and will assist you in tracking your progress.

The important thing about dryfiring is that you MUST be honest with yourself. If you are not getting all A's, than you are practicing poorly.