Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

zen

Heavy Metal Only

Zen to me was established by unconcious thought, as a boy with my crossman bb gun. I never thought about zen, didn't realize what it was. I think pratice equals zen. I had a swingset with metal poles mabey 3inch round, and about 20 yards away, zen to me was stepping out the back door and being abel to not even aim and being abel to shoot and hit that pole so easily. It was something I shot at a thousand times, when it becomes natural. Despite what they say about aimming, as far as shotgunning. It seems like most of the time you feel you know where you shot will end up. To me thats true ZEN. To react without concious thought. whaaaa :ph34r:

• 7 months later...
Zen to me was established by unconcious thought, as a boy with my crossman bb gun. I never thought about zen, didn't realize what it was. I think pratice equals zen. I had a swingset with metal poles mabey 3inch round, and about 20 yards away, zen to me was stepping out the back door and being abel to not even aim and being abel to shoot and hit that pole so easily. It was something I shot at a thousand times, when it becomes natural. Despite what they say about aimming, as far as shotgunning. It seems like most of the time you feel you know where you shot will end up. To me thats true ZEN. To react without concious thought. whaaaa :ph34r:

I don't understand why no one has replied to your Zen experience. I think when I look at my sights and then look through the front sight and shoot and it feels like I breath (I know you are not supposed to) but it is like a breath through the sights or the barrel and hit the target. I think it is looking through the target. One time when I was a kid I shot a bird off the mirror of my GTO with my buddies watching. The bird was looking in the mirror and pooping on my car. I think that was zen. It blew my buddies away, they thought I was crazy and a hero at the same time.