Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.355 Super?

ALF

As I plan to "enjoy" Florida Open 2008, is the process of getting ammo one of the hurdles.

Taking ammo with me on the flight from Europe is out of the question, it is enough troublesome taking my pistol.

I plan to shoot Open next year using my SVI IMM in 9 major.The problem is that you cant buy 9 major ammo except from a commercial reloader until now that is.

Danny Wisner of Atlanta Arms is about to produce ammo labeled .355 Super(9 major). :bow:

For me is that a huge relief as it means that I can get good reliable ammo delivered to the match.

And shooting minor is not an option. If I couldnt get 9 major ammo would plan B to shoot Limited using my other SVI in 40 S&W.

Unless this is a USPSA certified match ammo supplier, I would recommend testing a sample of their ammo to make sure that it makes major in your gun. Most IMM guns have significant barrel porting and often are harder to make major than a garden variety 9mm major gun.

No I have no price yet.

And I have some thoughts of using my new top end instead om my IMM one, just to be sure that I make major!

My new one is a full lenght slide with a three port full profile comp, compared to the IMM slide that is a little shorter and has in addition to the comp three "hybrid" holes.

The load that I used at this years Florida Open, was 8,6 gn of HS6 and 125gn FMJ bullet with Remington brass and primes made about 1370 fps(PF 171)iin the IMM configuration.

I will have to do some more research before I decide which way to go!

Edited by ALF