Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missing Family Pet

Thomas Moore

My little buddy ran off for a bit when his collar failed - so he was running around with no clothes, no tag, and no ID. I found him relatively quickly, but the chip meant that did not need to immediately report it to every local animal shelter - if they found him, they would find me, since it's easier to call the owner to come and pay dog bail than to rehome or execute a lost k9.

• 4 weeks later...

As a animal lover (canine) myself, I have learned one thing when it comes to leaving the house. ALWAYS make sure your animals are in the house and safe when you leave, especially if the sky is dark, and or you suspect loud noises to occur (IE. Thunder storms, fireworks etc.).

I once had a Beagle who liked to run away, I kept him for almost a year before it was too much for the wife and I to deal with. I would bet he got free about 20 times or more! We had a nicely fenced yard at the time, and we still to this day do not know where he was getting free from.

I now have a 10 YOA Yellow Lab/Great Dane mix and a 10 MO Scottish Terrier.

I know how it feels to lose a family pet for a few days, that's the reason I have the Scottish Terrier, our family cat escaped one night. It was the night before my youngest son's birthday, he considers the cat his... :huh: I searched for him for 3 weeks, even going as far as to set traps for him. I posted no less than 50 pictures of him in our housing area, NOTHING!

So, I decided for Valentines Day, I would replace the cat with a new dog. We found a beautiful Scottish Terrier, for the right price, and snatched her up. I couldn't be happier with her. Two days later, guess who shows up at our front door...Said kitty! :cheers:

I would but that was over 7 years, and three PCS's ago. Weird thing was, it was a 6 foot wooden fence, that was probably only two years old at the time. As I said, we never found the spot wherre he got out, but I suspect it was at one of the gates, although I still don't think he was strong enough to puch the bottom of the fence open enough to get his body through it...All in all, it worked out, he got a good new home, and we got the Yellow Lab/Great Dane mix. She is by far the best dog I have ever had, and was already Schutzen trained when we got her!