Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Help

JohnSchuler

Good result. However, I would still maintain that a 625 used for any sort of serious purpose, including competition, should have each and every chamber at the correct SAAMI-specified dimensions. I have used my reamer on a handful of guns with sticky chambers, and have been surprised at how much needed to be removed to bring the chambers into correct spec--generally speaking, I had to clean the chips out of the reamer flutes after every chamber.

In each case, re-reaming the chambers has completely solved the balky reload problem.

Good for you John !!!!!

Glad you got it straightend out.

Side note:

I have run almost 2000 lead round nose through my 625 before it was too leaded/gunked up to let the loaded moon settle down without any help. You talk about a dirty gun!!!! :blink:

still use Clays with the lead too, just lead makes so much more smoke and soot :angry2: Cheaper to buy though :D

Hop

I have my lee crimp die on the way, guys. I appreciate all the offers, and will definitely keep them in mind if crimping does not help the problem

Tom E... I'm in North Georgia

I will post what happens when I try the new die.

I can put an end to this thread with some good news... The Lee crimp die has solved my problems. I love the sound the moon clip makes when it slams the cylinder face with authority!

100 straight rounds shot without cleaning out the cylinder, and the last clip dropped in just as smoothly as the first one.

Thanks all, for some good advice.

John

That's great, now add the EGW sizing die and even Glock fired brass will work great.