Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington 1100 Synthetic Stock

Slim

I recently picked up an early 70's vintage 1100 to convert for 3 gun use. Plans are for extended mag tube, cut/replace barrel, synthetic stock, etc. I was planning on a Remington stock from Midway (affordable) but the notes say that it won't fit 1100's manufactured prior to 1986. Any ideas on what options I have on stocks? Why no similar warnings on products from Speedfeed, etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How does one identify the age of an 1100?

I need to do the same thing.

FM

PM me the SN of the shotgun and I should be able to tell you.

Would You please check mine also?

PM sent.

Mine is so old, it doesn't have rem-choke on either barrel.

I got it used, and I hate the glossy bling-bling look of it, but it shoots very good, has been completely reliable, and I've killed enough deer with it that I've become attached to it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/1100004.jpg

Thanks

How does one identify the age of an 1100?

I need to do the same thing.

FM

PM me the SN of the shotgun and I should be able to tell you.

Would You please check mine also?

PM sent.

Mine is so old, it doesn't have rem-choke on either barrel.

I got it used, and I hate the glossy bling-bling look of it, but it shoots very good, has been completely reliable, and I've killed enough deer with it that I've become attached to it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/1100004.jpg

Thanks

PM answered.

Nothing wrong with what you have. If you don't like the finish then get it park'd.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a Remington synthetic on ebay for a good price. They say they are for the 1986 models and newer, and since my 1100 is much earlier than that, I was a little concerned.

The only modification it required was where the stock contacts the receiver. There is a relieved area around the circumference of the stock where it joins the receiver. This leaves a uniform thickness protusion that fits "inside" the walls of the receiver. The protrusion was too thick to allow a flush fit, but a little sandpaper on a flat surface brought it down to size with very little effort. Looks like a million bucks!

While I was looking, I also called Speedfeed and they told me that they had never had a complaint about their stocks fitting any 1100.

I'd say the options are wide open. Don't be concerned about Remingtons mention of 1986 or newer.

Good luck!

Picked up a Remington synthetic on ebay for a good price. They say they are for the 1986 models and newer, and since my 1100 is much earlier than that, I was a little concerned.

The only modification it required was where the stock contacts the receiver. There is a relieved area around the circumference of the stock where it joins the receiver. This leaves a uniform thickness protusion that fits "inside" the walls of the receiver. The protrusion was too thick to allow a flush fit, but a little sandpaper on a flat surface brought it down to size with very little effort. Looks like a million bucks!

While I was looking, I also called Speedfeed and they told me that they had never had a complaint about their stocks fitting any 1100.

I'd say the options are wide open. Don't be concerned about Remingtons mention of 1986 or newer.

Good luck!

Cool.

Thanks.

One of these days I plan on replacing my wood with plastic.