Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

building a barricade

Trey333

I'd like to start out by thanking everyone for the help they have given me so far in starting up and choosing equpment. Thank you for the suggestion of Steve Anderson's book it has been most excellent.

My second IDPA match happened to be the calssifer. I did ok but I didn't really feel I shot to my potential on the 20yard portion mostly b/c I have never shot around a barricade like that before. I managed to get Sharp Shooter but I really feel I could have gotten Expert. I'm planning on building my own barricade 2ft by 6ft. That is simple enough but in my previous USPSA match I shot through a port in a barricade and that was a first time for me. I want to build two ports in my barricade. One about standing height and one about kneeling. Can anyone help me out with the average sizes of the ports, and the average standing and kneeling heights of the ports? Thanks in advanace for any help you can offer me.

Edited by Trey333

Go the the USPSA we page. Click on "additional content", then click on the link for the classifier diagrams.

Look through those and see where they put the ports (it will say, somewhere on the diagram sheet).

That will be the ports that you will likely see...as matchDirectors tend to use the equipment that is available to them, instead of making new every match.

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/index.html