Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The pain of a "speed focus"

boo radley

I'm not wild about dwelling on my screw-ups, probably because I have so many. :)

But I had to smile when I saw a clip from a local match this weekend. You talk about having a "speed focus" -- you KNOW your head's in the wrong place when you get into your IPSC monkey, and take a FULL SPEED SIGHT PICTURE. I've never done this before in my life. But I was ready to burn this down.

Was simple: S1 from box A, T1 and T2 between box A and B, S2 from box B, then back to box A....Everything gets two, so you should end with 4 hits on S1, T1 and T2, and two on S2. Oh yeah. I couldn't wait to shoot this.

Ended with two mikes and a procedural for one shot out of box A. It also took 9 shots, total, to end up with 4 hits on a huge steel rectangle that was no more than 10y. :blink:

I saw the sights for exactly two shots -- the steel in box 2. Had my focus been on "get those easy A's".....<sigh>

Better link --> (BellSouth is killing me with Bandwidth Exceeded messages....)

Edited by boo radley

Nothing good ever comes from a speed focus...fast or slow.

If you consciously control your speed, you consciously control your shooting. And that's never good.

Think about the things you do well every day...you don't think about any of them...you just do them.

SA