Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

taking up all my time

ErikW

On that subject, much has changed in my long absence from the asphalt. Da wimmins are everywhere!

That's cool.

I ran across a 14 year old in my area that (according to her mother) is sponsored by Kawasaki for a 600 super sport ride. When I was at the house they didn't have the bike yet but she had a nice new set of Green leathers hanging in her room.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That must be Elena Myers. There's a lot of hype around her but she is the real deal. She can't race AFM because she's not old enough. I expect to meet her on the track one of these days, a fleeting glimpse as she leaves me in the dust
Yeah she's the real deal. She has been kickin' some serious butt in USGPRU on a 125 and on a 250.

http://www.usgpru.net/profile.php?n=325

She oughta' stay with the 125/250 GP machines if she really wants to go for a MotoGP ride someday. The 125cc race was the most exciting one in Misano this weekend. The battle went down to the last few laps with a pack of 5. Then a crash left only 3 of them up for the finish. That crash may effect the 2007 125cc title. Good racing stuff!

That's why Stoner is as good as he is young!. The little GP bikes will teach her a lot more about lines and corner speed than the 600 stokers will. But a ride is a ride and you take the offer when it's made ;)

I spent the day at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA yesterday checking out AFM racing. Elena Myers was there, but was not going to race as there was no one competing in the Formula III class that could get even near her laptimes at this track (1:58's). The next fastest person racing a 125cc GP bike could only cut 2:02's so it was decided not to waste her time/energy and the machinery ;)

Monday and Tuesday I went to school, Jason Pridmore's STAR riding school held at Reno-Fernley Raceway. Excellent learning experience.

Get this: somebody made an unsafe pass of me in the fastest turn on the track while I was on my "out" lap (warming up tires). There was an instructor behind us. The instructor had a video camera. The instructor was co-owner of the school. He told that guy he was no longer welcome on the track with the rest of the students. That guy was a repeat student who had probably paid them a few thousand dollars in tuition, and they had the will to keep him off the track. I am really impressed.