Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MWG 90 rounder or C-Mag Beta 100 rounder

Joseph796

Which is better - the MWG 90 rounder or the C-Mag Beta 100 rounder? Thanks.

Define "better".

Beta is BETTER quality, better built, smaller profile, better balanced...MGW is entirely plastic, lighter weight and hangs of to the side.

That being said, my 90 rounder has never failed me in a 3 gun match while I have seen Betas fail. I've been using it exclusivly for almost a year and load it to about 5o rounds to keep the weight centered. I'm a lefty and the mag hangs off the left side of the rifle so it really doesn't bother me, but it might enterfer with a right handers forward grip (the thing is large).

So for what I am using it for and the results I have gotten, the MGW is a BETTER value IMHO.

Picked mine up for $80, I think the Beta runs around $250? Its up to you if the Beta is worth the extra coin but the MGW flat out works.

Edited by ANDYZ

Which is better - the MWG 90 rounder or the C-Mag Beta 100 rounder? Thanks.

Define "better".

Beta is BETTER quality, better built, smaller profile, better balanced...MGW is entirely plastic, lighter weight and hangs of to the side.

That being said, my 90 rounder has never failed me in a 3 gun match while I have seen Betas fail. I've been using it exclusivly for almost a year and load it to about 5o rounds to keep the weight centered. I'm a lefty and the mag hangs off the left side of the rifle so it really doesn't bother me, but it might enterfer with a right handers forward grip (the thing is large).

So for what I am using it for and the results I have gotten, the MGW is a BETTER value IMHO.

Picked mine up for $80, I think the Beta runs around $250? Its up to you if the Beta is worth the extra coin but the MGW flat out works.

Sounds like you think that the MWG is better! :lol:

You answered my qestion perfectly.

Thanks.

I'm probably still pickup a Beta or 2, but I'm perfectly happy with my MGW for 3 gunning. It does what a Beta does for less than half the price.

When I first started using it, people would mention that they were "surprised" I didn't have any problems. If you were to look at it with its all plastic construction including the feedlips you almost have to wonder. I almost sold mine when I first got it because of just that, but I'm glad I kept it. I don't really hear anymore comments from the peanut gallery, I guess they got tired of waiting for it to fail.

Its definately worth a try. If you don't like it you could always sell it and get the Beta.

Depends. Beta makes prone shooting a breeze. I'd guess the 10 rounds really could come in handy, but not often (still when you need it, you NEED it). It is heavier. This with the cost difference means I'm not willing to drop mine. But you rarely need to drop one. Mine has yet to fail (likely only 7 or 8 hundred rounds thru mine, but I don't count them). Now I need to knock on wood.

My MWG IS awkward for a right hander, make sure it fits in the crook of your left arm in your shooting positions. Any match that forces an odd shooting position is more likely to affect a MWG. I had mine fail once when I contacted a barricade during shooting, the drum moved slightly in the magwell and failed to feed. Turned that stage into single shot mode (I diagnosed this afterward when I was trying to figure out why my previously 100% reliable drum had failed so badly). I've used a stripper clip feeder on the MWG, but haven't gotten one to work on the Beta. Lula's won't work on the MWG without some carving. Haven't tried them on the BETA.

Both have been more reliable than I've read on the 'net. (for me)

I recently bought a Beta (my wallet said "Ouch!"). Haven't used it yet, but they have a great reputation, if you keep them clean and graphited. I was surprised that it, too, has plastic feed lips. For that kind of money you'd they could use metal. LULA works on the Beta, but to remove it you have to force it off with a tool of some sort, like a screw driver or a Leatherman.