Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Form Letter Feature

Bdavis

I just installed EzWin Score 3.0 after scoring the Single Stack Nationals on 2.29. Wanted some time to make sure I was comfortable with it before I used it at a big match. Anyway, installed it and every except the Form Letter feature works. It won't even start up. Deleted program and reinstalled, still does not work. Any suggestions or hints? It still works in 2.29 (which is located in a different directory).

Bill Davis

I don't know. Honestly, you're the first person I've ever seen that tried to use that feature! I'd suggest emailing Roger Maier or Rob Boudrie and telling them.

Alternately, you've got a new feature in 3.01 that may replace the internally generated form letters for you. Pulldown Reports and select Export Registration Information. This gives you a window where you can export competitor information (from either the current match or the masternames.db file) to a comma-separated-value or tab-separated-value file, which can then be opened and used by excel or msword to generate all the form letters and other mail merge /custom label things you could possibly want.

And I'll drop a note to those two telling them, while I'm thinking about it. Thanks!

I tried the form letter feature and didn't have a problem - I'd be interested in hearing how common this problem is.

Even if you could get it working, I'd suggest that you will find the approach Bill suggests with Mail Merge in MS/Word would be more convenient.

I have been using EzWin Score or its predessors for about 10 years and never really tried the Form letter feature. Just figured I'd see if it was something that made confirmation letters a little easier to generate. It is not a big deal for me if it doesn't work, just sort of caught me off guard.

I did email Roger immediately and he did not know anything to suggest either, I did not excatly have an abundance of information to pass on. I just always thought that if one could generate the letters and email from the program it would be great. You guys have done a ton of work and I'm sure it is a never ending battle, thanks for the work, the program and if you get something figured out I'd like to know.