Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anybody used the setup before?

Hi guys, a new guy here... I have been shooting IDPA for about 10 years off and on... Now I am working and living in the Houma, La. area. The local gun club thas IPSC type matchs and I need to up-grade my equipment... I have a used SV in .40 S&W coming (I pick it up this weekend from a shooter that lives ourside Baton Rouge) so I need to pickup a better holster than the Fobus that I use in IDPA... Any help guys???

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

I would use what you have until you start shooting some USPSA matches. Then you can check out the "rigs" that are being used by other shooters. You will better be able to judge what works for you.

I was running a holster like that for a few years. I went to a Blade Tech Dropped and Off-Set, and I'll never go back. I like the security it gives, and It's just as fast. I've never seen a gun fall out of a full kydex holster. I've seen three fall out of rigs like that one, not that they can't work, but they are prone to operator error.

+1 on going kydex in anything bu Open.

I even bought the "Stingray" attachement so I can convert my DOH to an IDPA legal (this week) holster if need be.

DOH <or equivelant> is as fast as you will ever need.

Welcome to Louisiana! Every weekend there is a match within a hour or so from Houma. Go to www.lagator.org and there are listing of the area clubs, when they shoot, and a map to the range. USPSA, IDPA, steel, and others are available.

The Tangi club in Amite also shoots IDPA the first Sat. of the month. The Southern Shooting Center in Thibodaux (near your location) host many great matches each month.

Good Luck and hope to see you soon.

Buddy

Welcome to Louisiana! Every weekend there is a match within a hour or so from Houma. Go to www.lagator.org and there are listing of the area clubs, when they shoot, and a map to the range. USPSA, IDPA, steel, and others are available.

The Tangi club in Amite also shoots IDPA the first Sat. of the month. The Southern Shooting Center in Thibodaux (near your location) host many great matches each month.

Good Luck and hope to see you soon.

Buddy

I am shooting a match south of Baton Rouge this Sunday, that's where we I am picking up my SV .40... I have been shooting to Tuesday night matches the last four (4) weeks @ Southern Shooting Center... Lots of good folks there...

I receved my holster set up this morning... Looks very well made and should work out for me nicely... ONCE I get it adjusted to work with me, that is...

Buddy, what part of the counrty are you in, just look for the bigest and tallest guy @ the match, thats me... you can say that I'am NOT built for speed...

Ya'll have a good one... :):):):)

Raymond, I live on an Island across the lake from New Orleans (40 miles driving from N.O. and 35 Driving miles from Baton Rouge). I am very close (15 miles) to Gonzales where the match will be held this weekend.

I am not shooting at this time due to an accident and subsequent surgery. I should be walking and able to start again in a month or two.

Enjoy the match, there are some great guys you'll be shooting with.

Buddy

• 4 weeks later...

Say guys, I just wanted to give the "list" a up-date on the holster set up that I bought...

All I can say is that once I got it set up for me... it's the "shit"... I have had CRSpeed die-hards come up to me and ask what type rig I was running and were floored by the quilty and price...

For 205.00 it's kinda hard to beat... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: