Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Blaster

JThompson

The Guide rod was rubbing. I think it was pushing the slide over to one side when it rubbed.. Once I took some off the side that was rubbing and took it back to the range I put around 250 rounds through it while sighting it in. Damn those sideways mounts are a pain to get sighted. No more binding of any kind was noted. I'll need to shoot it a lot more to know for sure, but so far so good.

It shot very tight groups before, but it seems to be a little more erratic now... dunno what's up with that. I could pretty much put them all in 1in at 25 yards, but now it appears to be more like 3in. The frame to slide fit is tight, so I dunno what's up with that. Maybe it just needs to wear in a bit?

A few other things I found... The link was making contact with the frame (relieved) and I took just a bit off the bottom of the barrel beside where the log pivots, so it wouldn't make contact with the slide-lock. I can feel the dif in the slide now it really is slick... hopefully this will put an end to the issue. I was careful and it looks very good... ;)

I also found that the link pin was very loos to the point that when I pushed on it it fell out! I took a pointed punch and set it on a vice and center punched both sides of the pin to lock it in place... seems to be snug now. One thing I don't know... is the hole in the link spose to be elongated?

Edited by JThompson

JThompson,

Welcome to the club! There are probably fewer than 15 of us with that mount. I was at Barry's today and he mentioned this thread. Nice gun.

From what we were able to figure out you can switch the windage adjustment over to the other side of the C-More, you just have to drill for the set screws. i am going to buy another to see if I can make that work.

Here's mine, it's an older Barry custom, built in '95:

guns004a.jpg

guns003a.jpg

That's scary! I was thinking about blacking out my comp for balance too. That PS version with a black is the same as the way yours is. :)

Let me know how that works out. I would then drill and tap the set screw/s to the other side as well. ;)

Edited by JThompson

JT, if the link pin hole is elongated now and it wasn't before you have timing problems. If that is the case stop shooting it, you could end up wrecking the barrel and the slide. I hope you were joking........

JT, if the link pin hole is elongated now and it wasn't before you have timing problems. If that is the case stop shooting it, you could end up wrecking the barrel and the slide. I hope you were joking........

I didn't notice if it was before or not... I pinned it and moved it into position and down and it all lines up, like I think, it should. That's not to say that I know what I'm talking about, but from a mechanical standpoint it looks okay.

Thanks for taking the time bro...

Best

Glad it seems to be running, now... ;)

The problem is, timing issues are measured in the thousandth of an inch... I'm not a smith, either - from the discussions I've had with them, an elongated hole in the link doesn't sound too happy... might be time to have an expert take a look...

As far as the gun grouping wider, now - if you've got a timing issue, and the gun isn't locking up consistently, that could make a difference, I suppose. But, you might also make sure you don't have any loose locking screws on the C-More, or any loose scope mount screws, etc. It doesn't take much for that scope to move a small amount - and a small amount of scope or mount movement gets really big downrange... ;)

Glad it seems to be running, now... ;)

The problem is, timing issues are measured in the thousandth of an inch... I'm not a smith, either - from the discussions I've had with them, an elongated hole in the link doesn't sound too happy... might be time to have an expert take a look...

As far as the gun grouping wider, now - if you've got a timing issue, and the gun isn't locking up consistently, that could make a difference, I suppose. But, you might also make sure you don't have any loose locking screws on the C-More, or any loose scope mount screws, etc. It doesn't take much for that scope to move a small amount - and a small amount of scope or mount movement gets really big downrange... ;)

Thanks X... the C-More mounts were the first thing I checked. I don't like the way one of the C-More lock screws is acting. I'll deal with that and see. As to the link... I'll have a smith look at it.

I put another 700-800 rounds through it Sunday and it ran like a champ. :) 1.99 second Bill Drill to boot. You could coverem with the palm of your hand. ;)

Edited by JThompson