Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Do You Lose Time On A Stage?

Airic

What a great question!!!!!! Well, I just shot a regional level match a few weeks ago where the only guy that beat me was a S&W sponsored shooter & I sat down & went through each stage to see where he spanked me. He did spank me pretty bad overall but I got him on 3 stages but not by much. I lose time in movement!!!!! Also I have surmised that it is not a good idea to have conversations wiht yourself while shooting... ie: I hosed a close target but then started following a swinger & said to myself "what are you doing? Why are you following the swinger? Pick a spot & shoot!" Then I shot. Yeah that cost me a few seconds!!!!!!

IF you 're gonna talk while shooting, counting rounds like a Bill Drill is about the only conversation that's helpful.

When my brain starts letting my mouth talk during a course of fire it's usually because somthing has gone wrong!

Kyle I saw how he shot a couple of stages and tried to keep up. I throw misses on them. Don't feel to bad he got Dale by about 50 pts. 4 procedurals didn't help my time much. Smooth is fast, I was not.

Mike