Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Freaking Thought Police Are Here!

AikiDale

Chris,

I know a fellow who loves to write slasher movie scripts. He has seen every slasher movie ever produced a dozen times. This same guy can not look at an anatomy book I have in the dojo because it has pictures, with no blood, of disected people. There is a very real difference between fantasy and reality. Certainly there are those sociopaths who cross the line and we should be alert to them. Hacker slasher fantasy fiction is not a genre of interest to me but there are others who find it amusing. The kid we are discussing apparently had no juvenile record, had planned on entering the military when he finished High School and made good grades. Is he a threat? I don't know. His teachers and school administrators need to make a reasoned determination if he bears closer observation. My point here is he committed no crime and should not be subject to a criminal record for writing fiction. If the stabbed and raped bodies are discovered I'll volunteer to shoot the SOB after the trial. In the mean time he is a high school student who was told there would be no censorship and no judgement made and to be creative. He did as he was asked by his teachers and criminaly charged for his presumably fictional writings. That is just wrong.

One day and 27 posts...heck, I didn't even have to read it to know...

The Hate forum was created and is intended as a place to vent or rant, period.

This never started as a rant/vent.

It quickly went to discussion.

It doesn't help my shooting. ;)

Since I'll be out shooting tomorrow, I am going to STAB, Stab, stab this one right now. if you'd like to make a case for getting it opened back up...run it by Brian.

CLOSED for now.