Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Failure To Eject

tryan1968

What do you think?

The situation:

On the first stage of yesterdays match the buzzer goes off, I draw, start shooting, a mag change, I think ok good, keep going. But then Murphy kicks me in the sack, Failure to Eject. Tap, Rack, but no bang. Stuck in the mag is a empty case, facing forward. I push, pull, and plead with the mag, but nothing works, (stupid mag). The RO stops the stage. I get a flat-head screw driver from my bag and ease the empty case forward out of the mag. The mag looks good, no damage I can see.

I had no issues the rest of the day like that.

What would cause this?

Thanks,

TRyan

You know you guys could be on to something, LOL. I have done stupid things in the past and I'm sure I'll do stupid things in the future.

No Sh** There I Was; I'm walking the stages before the match starts to get the dope on them, and I see that the first two stages don't have targets on them. Its just about start time, so I volunteer to fix the stages. I'm at the first two stages stapling targets when shooters start walking up to shoot. Apparently, the squads are assigned while I was stapling. I finish, fiqure out which squad I'm in, grab my gear, and head to that stage.

This is the fun part:

The club I was at was out of score sheets, so shooters from a neigbhoring club has the PalmPilot scoring system they use with them and volunteer to let them use it, cool huh. This is all going on without my knowledge, remember, I'm busy stapling. So I arrive at my assigned squad and someone asked for a volunteer, I step forward (stupid military training) and he hands me a PalmPilot, gives me a two minute lesson and said your the score keeper for the squad. Ok.... The shooting sequence for the squad is assigned. I keep score for the squad. The RO says to the squad, any more shooters, I say yep me. I grab my stuff, give another guy the same two minute lesson I recieved, step up to the line. Shooter Ready, Stand By!....Murphy attacks me....you know the rest of the story.

You know the funny part is, as I read your replies, and think back to that stage, I can not remember if I confirmed my mags were loaded before I shot. I think they were, me and my bud loaded mags at the truck before the match, but maybe I missed one. As I've said, I've done stupid things in the past, LOL.

By the way, my lack of intelligence still doesn't explain why an empty case, was stuck in an empty mag.

Thanks for the laugh,

TRyan

It's just like at the airport when TSA asked if anyone has put things in your luggage that you are unaware of....HUH?

Like you would know...

You better watch those guys huddled around your gear bag. THEY DID IT!!!