Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Callus gets pinched in my grip.

Dowter

I have this really agravating problem. I have this callus that is right below the first joints crease on my middle finger(both hands).  When I acquire my grip by rolling my hand around the grip the callus gets pinched and hurts a lot.  I've tried sanding the callus down and cutting it off but it still hurts when it gets pinched.  

I'm thinking about putting some soft pad (though I have no idea what) on the gun where my middle finger grips.  I have skateboard tape on the front of my grip but not where my middle finger grips because that would make it really painful.  I really don't think that I'm gripping the gun to hard too in case you were wondering.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is it aggravated by numerous draws, or just shooting?

I used to get a bad one on my right hand, but I adjusted my draw at sides position and it cleared up quick.

If it's a draw thing, starting with your hands a little higher, arms slightly bent helped me get the gun without rubbing the finger.

SA

Amputation?  No, just kidding.

Uncle Mike's make leather fingerless shooting gloves which have an extended middle finger. I tried them and found they felt a little bulky but thay may work for you. Better than the other suggestion anyway.