Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Holster Are You Using For Smith 5906?

TLD

bladetech with the tek-lok hanger, super fast and a little adjustable

http://www.blade-tech.com/Belt-Holster-w-TEK-LOK-pr-910.html

it's a whole lot faster than the uncle mikes it replaced.

the uncle mikes is not a bad holster, but mine tended to bind if my draw wasn't perfect. my bladetech took 5 weeks to come in, so if you go that route, you might get the uncle mikes as a stop gap.

Blade tech DOH is a very fast holster for under $70. Good retention. Good draw. Adjustable. I really like mine. Blade tech factory is about 40 minutes from my house so their holsters are in every gun shop around here. You can find them used online too. If you buy direct they also have package deals with mag holders.

Are you running the 4", the 5" or the 6" slide version of the 5906 ?? It might make a difference as to what holster fits.

4"

I looked at the Bladetech. Very nice, not as cheap as Uncle Mikes.

In a 4" the UM would be the cheapest but if you want a better quality Kydex holster the Blade Tech would be an excellent choice. We have Blade Tech holsters and mag pouches in stock for just about any S&W product, no 6 week wait.

Are you running the 4", the 5" or the 6" slide version of the 5906 ?? It might make a difference as to what holster fits.

4"

I looked at the Bladetech. Very nice, not as cheap as Uncle Mikes.

I thought the exact same thing. went with the uncle mikes at first because I'm cheap. after suffering with it for a while, ordered the bladetech, and as soon as it came in, I started to kick myself in the butt for not ordering one sooner.

In a 4" the UM would be the cheapest but if you want a better quality Kydex holster the Blade Tech would be an excellent choice. We have Blade Tech holsters and mag pouches in stock for just about any S&W product, no 6 week wait.

I always go the cheap route and spend extra money later. I'll check out your wares. I like the looks of the Techlock feature. I hate how hard the Uncle Mikes is to get off. I practically have to take my pants off to remove it. (not good when there are ladies at the match.)