Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lots Of Questions!

onemangang

I want to start shooting limited with my GLOCK 35.

I ordered a CR Speed WSM2 from Max's Choice (GREAT SERVICE!).

I have some questions about setting up my rig.

1 - How much play should be in my gun while it is in the holster? I called Max Sr. and he said that particular holster was made for a Glock and there was no adjustment in the trigger guard. Even with my lock in place I can STILL draw the gun. It takes more effort but I thought it was not supposed to come out at all. I have adjusted the nipple(?) where the muzzle rests and that helped some. Should the muzzle rest ON the nipple or sort of hover on it?

2 - Where on your waist should the holster be? 2:30 feels great but there are some issues when squatting, kneeling and going prone.

3 - Same with the magazine pouches. Where do you place them to not interfere with going prone?

Thanks for your help!

I want to start shooting limited with my GLOCK 35.

I ordered a CR Speed WSM2 from Max's Choice (GREAT SERVICE!).

I have some questions about setting up my rig.

1 - How much play should be in my gun while it is in the holster? I called Max Sr. and he said that particular holster was made for a Glock and there was no adjustment in the trigger guard. Even with my lock in place I can STILL draw the gun. It takes more effort but I thought it was not supposed to come out at all. I have adjusted the nipple(?) where the muzzle rests and that helped some. Should the muzzle rest ON the nipple or sort of hover on it?

2 - Where on your waist should the holster be? 2:30 feels great but there are some issues when squatting, kneeling and going prone.

3 - Same with the magazine pouches. Where do you place them to not interfere with going prone?

Thanks for your help!

1, there should be no play between the Gun and holster but it still should be smooth drawing with a little friction between both

2, that is a personal preference.... i have mine at 2:15 - 2:30 but it pokes my thigh when sitting down or squatting

3, i have mine set up almost all in front...if you want them to not interfere when you go prone have it positioned like production shooters set it up....but how often do you shoot stages going prone?

hope this helps

Edited by ogiebb

The CR Speed should provide some shims that will allow you tighten up the "pinch" of the trigger guard. They go on the inside oppisite of the springy locky holder thing. (that's a technical term) :P . The barrel should rest on the nipple, and that can be adjusted as well. You can cut the end off if you want, (I didn't). Typicaly you will have three mag pouches. Your primary reload position should be right on the zipper line angled to your left if your right handed. Hold your hands out in front of you like your holding your gun and drop your support hand to your belt. Your forearm and wrist should be straight as you grab your mag. The second should be similar to the first at an equal distance between the first and third. The third should be at 9 o'clock and should be almost straight up and is primarily used as an emergency mag in case you fumble a reload or something like that. The third spot is also used when you need to do a reload from the prone position. This is assuming you are using the versa pouches or some other pouch that can rotate. if you are not you may want to get some because the reload is what i call a critical time element, (you can make or lose major time doing this) and you don't want to have excessive arm movement when doing a reload. When going prone you will squish a mag pouch into your belly, just try to have it empty when you do or poke your butt in the air and look funny. The Matt Burkett videos have a chapter on this if you have a chance to buy them it is money well spent. Also I like the ends of the belt to be at my back, less clutter but personal preferance. V

This particular CR Speed is specifically for the GLOCK and did not come with the shims you are speaking of. I called Max Sr. and he told me that. I guess it makes sense.

I have all the Burkett DVD's and yes there is some very good info on the one about "set-up".

The CR Speed should provide some shims that will allow you tighten up the "pinch" of the trigger guard. They go on the inside oppisite of the springy locky holder thing. (that's a technical term) :P . The barrel should rest on the nipple, and that can be adjusted as well. You can cut the end off if you want, (I didn't). Typicaly you will have three mag pouches. Your primary reload position should be right on the zipper line angled to your left if your right handed. Hold your hands out in front of you like your holding your gun and drop your support hand to your belt. Your forearm and wrist should be straight as you grab your mag. The second should be similar to the first at an equal distance between the first and third. The third should be at 9 o'clock and should be almost straight up and is primarily used as an emergency mag in case you fumble a reload or something like that. The third spot is also used when you need to do a reload from the prone position. This is assuming you are using the versa pouches or some other pouch that can rotate. if you are not you may want to get some because the reload is what i call a critical time element, (you can make or lose major time doing this) and you don't want to have excessive arm movement when doing a reload. When going prone you will squish a mag pouch into your belly, just try to have it empty when you do or poke your butt in the air and look funny. The Matt Burkett videos have a chapter on this if you have a chance to buy them it is money well spent. Also I like the ends of the belt to be at my back, less clutter but personal preferance. V

CR Speed makes two sizes for the Glock. One is for the small frame (9's, 40's, 357's), the other is for the large frames (10's and 45's).

Make sure you got the right one.

Most of the top shooter that I see wearing the CR Speed like to wear it back on the hip. You pretty much have to pull straight out of the CRSpeed. If you have it up front, then you have to first pull it out or the holster and toward your center, then turn it and take it froward. On the hip, you can start out with it pointed at the target and go right from there.