Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My left hand is now

It used to be that my left hand was a useless appendage, just hangin' out with no skills.  I've been practicing weak hand a lot, dry firing every day and live firing weak hand almost every time I go to the range, because it's a HUGE weakness of mine.  Recently I've been in these situations where my weak hand has unexpectatly done something it previously wasn't capable of doing.  Example: I opened a kitchen cabinet a month or so ago(with my right hand), and a box of granola bars came sailing out of the cabinet, my left hand instintively and skillfully caught the box.  I was blown away!  I kinda sat there in awe eek4.gif  A year and a half ago before I started ipsic my left hand would have stupidly watched the box fall.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?  Anyone ever try switching which hand you brush your teeth with?

Somewhat similar...

I was running the timer at Saturday's steel match when the shooter's .22 misfired. He pulled the bolt on the ruger and I caught the ejected cartridge with my left hand (I was holding the timer with the right) as it flew over his head. I saw the cartridge out of the corner of my eye and caught it without looking over from the steel targets I was watching for hits.

No way I could TRY to do that.

I'm kinda Klutzy most of the time, but my hand/eye is gettin' pretty sharp lately.

(It also shut up my squad mates who were ribbing me because I said I could see the streak of their bullets occasionally.)

It's amazing what you can see

SA

With the light behind me I can easily see bullets coming out of a gun.

I remember becoming aware and have the brass really distract me. One of the best stages I ran I remember the echos in the hills and how much I enjoyed listening to them.

I play music and give that a lot of credit for my eye/hand coordination. I think that helps to lead to high peformance. That and a lot of practice.

• 4 weeks later...

I was sitting between two friends of mine, the one on my left threw a piece of paper about the size of a pebble as hard as he could at my other friend, my left hand whipped out and caught it before it hit him. Both of them were just in awe, I was as well but I didn't let them see it.:)