Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 8 Championship

Why do the "Final Results" keep changing?

There is a feature in EZwinscore that makes it self available when you score a match using multiple computers.

If you enter a scoresheet on the slave computer and need to make changes on that data it must be made on the slave. If you make the change on the Master computer then the correct data will be overwritten by the slave data that is incorrect.

This feature is not only prominent in the score sheet entry but also in the selection of Major/Minor power factor. As all the shooters had corrected their power factors at the match and in the finals there were shooters that had shot major pf but their scores were calculated as minor.

Additionally, as has become the norm with shoot and scoot, the Area 8 Championship last year and again this year has allowed competitors to verify their scores and contact me in the first few days after the match to report any discrepancies.

I am hopeful that all discrepancies have been reported and researched and that the results can be finalized shortly.

Alan Meek

Area 8 Statistician

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the "Final Results" keep changing?

There is a feature in EZwinscore that makes it self available when you score a match using multiple computers.

If you enter a scoresheet on the slave computer and need to make changes on that data it must be made on the slave. If you make the change on the Master computer then the correct data will be overwritten by the slave data that is incorrect.

This feature is not only prominent in the score sheet entry but also in the selection of Major/Minor power factor. As all the shooters had corrected their power factors at the match and in the finals there were shooters that had shot major pf but their scores were calculated as minor.

Additionally, as has become the norm with shoot and scoot, the Area 8 Championship last year and again this year has allowed competitors to verify their scores and contact me in the first few days after the match to report any discrepancies.

I am hopeful that all discrepancies have been reported and researched and that the results can be finalized shortly.

Alan Meek

Area 8 Statistician

I had no idea that anything could be changed after the "1 hour" after the scores were posted. I got a mike were I should have had a D on stage 4.

ETA:

It doesn't matter to me either way. The best it would do for me is move me up one place.

Edited by GeorgeInNePa

I also thought the rules said if it isn't corrected after that 1st hour, it's all said it done. That happened to a friend of mine at Nationals...there was like 100 seconds added on to one stage and it probably dropped him 15 places in the overall standings....even they said it couldn't be corrected, and this was at the awards ceremony.

There has been a movement that the matches that allow shoot and scoot to allow changes for a period of time after the match. I know in the past Area 7 has allowed a week for any scoring discrepancies to be addressed. The only real gotcha is if a score sheet has a missing time or is otherwise invalid. The competitor can not reshoot the stage later in the week. Where with data entry those can at least be corrected.

No prizes or awards were distributed at the match at the based on the initial finishes.

Jake,

I am aware of that issue with your friend, as I talked with him at the Area 8.

Alan