Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open With A Glock 34?

joseywales

Great day yesterday for shooting a local club match in North TX - 6 stages 150+ rounds, very fun time.

My last stage of the day was a 2-string, 24 rounds (12 each), Virginia count stage (Proof n Pudding stage picked up here on the BE forum).

I'm the last shooter on the squad, on the last stage of the day, and I'm running my mouth when the RO calls me to the line. I abruptly end the conversation and get to the line. I do my final check of mags, hmmm, looks like this one has only 8 rounds, and this one only has 9 rounds, looks like this one only has...I take a few rounds from another mag to top-off the 'rounds short mags'. (As always, I'm shooting my G34 in Production division).

Are you ready, standby, BEEP...

String 1 - engaged 5 targets (10 shots), hit reload, engage last target, make ready for next string. Left magazine on ground.

Are you ready, standby, BEEP...

String 2 - engaged 5 targets (10 shots), FORGOT to reload, engaged last target with TWO rounds to slide lock. Background comments..."Holy cow! Great job! That was an awesome reload w/retention...we didn't even see it" (BIG smiles / snicker-snicker / hardy har har).

Obviously, the mag had 11 rounds in it...my first inadvertant trip into Open division.

Between MD'ing, RO'ing, and running my yap, I somehow missed following my standard mag refresh procedure after the last stage (after shooting a stage, go back to the table/bag, unload all mags, count ten rounds into hands, reload one mag, repeat).

Edited by joseywales