Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Allen Head Size List

Nate

I have a large green bean can full of Allen wrenches and I am tired of looking for the right ones for my SV, Ghost holster and Safariland mag holders. Any one have a list for me? I am thinking of the trigger guard, rear sight, grip and removeable breech face for the gun. I figure I can get the larger ones right but don't want to bugger the little ones. Thanks, Nate

Go to any reliable hardware/tool store and buy 1 each standard or inch allen pak and 1 metric. The tandard should start at .050 and go up to5/16", the metric should start at 1mmand go up to 8mm in increments that are normal for the metric. These paks have a plastic holder that the wrenches are stuck in and when you are missing one you know by the empty spot in the holder. Make sure you buy a good brand such as (bondhaus) and they will last you forever. My sets are 12 years old and as long as you use them properly they will not wear out. After that you may want 1 or 2 extra from your can of wrenches but it will be rare. With all the thins I have bought and worked on that came with little extra tools like that I also have a cigar box full of wrenches that are seldom ever used. :)

Edited by scirocco38s

I have a large green bean can full of Allen wrenches and I am tired of looking for the right ones for my SV, Ghost holster and Safariland mag holders. Any one have a list for me? I am thinking of the trigger guard, rear sight, grip and removeable breech face for the gun. I figure I can get the larger ones right but don't want to bugger the little ones. Thanks, Nate

When faced with the same problem, except complicated by the fact that I shoot about a half dozen guns from different manufacturers, I solved it by getting a rew complete set of metric and imperial allen wrenches in plastic holders. I got one for each of the vehicles I normally drive and a third for the house. I may, eventually, get another, for the portable cleaning supplies I keep in whatever vehicle I'm driving to the range.

Having a complete set of both metric and imperial assures that I always have whatever I need. Buying them in the plastic holders makes it easy to see when one is not where it belongs and helps to keep me from leaving lost allen wrenches wherever I've been.

Lee