Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot drill, Dot drill, Dot drill!!!

3quartertime

Ok.  I've been serious this week!!!  Everyday two dot drills.  Plus a timed draw and fire two.  Shot todays match and had at least three maybe five mag. drops.  You know reload,  shoot,  watch your mag. hit the ground!!!  GGGGGRRRRRR!!!,,,   I'm still in the process of tuning my mag.'s so I knew to load  one less,  'quess in all the excitement I forgot.'  My times sucked because of all my equipment problems, but I was more accurate than I've every been.  I came home after the match and immediately shot two dot drills.  I'm counting my misses instead of my hits now.  Three overall total.  

Thanks for the dot drill!!!  I know once I get the mag. thing figured out I'm going to enjoy an improvement.

In my squad on the classifier,   I was  slowest. ( not by much and I had a mag. drop on a reload.)  But I hit three or four more "a's" than anyone.      

I know you're not asking about the dropping the mag thing - but has anyone else noticed that sometimes on STI/SVI guns the barrel ramp can hit the mag feed lips and drive the mag out of the gun?  I saw this on a limited gun.

Also, the lips can hit the slide and stop the mag from seating properly.

Just thought I'd say this because if you had 5 dropped mags maybe it's not your doing.  (that would be the good news!!)

Good luck,

Bret