Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I shot the first match at Ft Benning and had a great time. Unfortunately I couldn't make the 2006 match. Does anyone know if there will be a match this year, and when the apps will be posted? I know it is a lot of work, but I hope they keep this match going, as it gives us East Coasters a closer place to get in a national level match. Happy Shooting!

When I spoke with Aaron Hampton last month he said that there will be a Ft. Benning 3-Gun this year. With some really cool stages this year. A pure guess but I'd be willing to bet that apps won't be available till after the Targeting Education match in May that Linda is working. I doubt that she wants to deal with both of them at the same time. I know I couldn't handle one.

In an email from Linda.......match staff and last years participants will be invited back via email around mid April. Match registration form will be posted to the website on April 30th at midnight. Can't freaking wait :P

YES, there are some GREAT stages in the works for Dec 2007! So leave an empty space on your calendars for the 1st weekend. Linda will post all the details in due time. I just wanted everyone to know about some great TV later this month on Shooting USA on the Outdoor Channel.

MAR 28 Fort Benning 3-Gun Challenge

It’s an invitation from the Army for civilians to come and shoot in combat competition and that makes the competition much more interesting. Then John’s rebuilding my old 1911 and Sergeant Max Michel starts a new series of Pro Tips by the Army Marksmanship Unit.

Thanks for everyone’s support last year, and a big thank you in advance for your continued support!

In an email from Linda.......match staff and last years participants will be invited back via email around mid April. Match registration form will be posted to the website on April 30th at midnight. Can't freaking wait :P

:rolleyes: Almost what I said. . .

"The application will be sent to all staff from last year in mid April. We are inviting them back to work the match again, but if they choose not to work & prefer to shoot as paid competitors, they will get first chance at signing up. It's our way of thanking them for their hard work. From the email I am getting, I suspect many will work again.

Also in mid April, everyone who shot it last year will get email notification that the application will be posted on the match website at midnight April 30th (for May 1st). We will also post that announcement on Brian Enos & 3gunRules.com."

Staff gets the application early. Paid & sponsored shooters from 2006 will be notified (reminded) that the match application will be available on a specific date & time. Other than last year's staff, we will still go by postmark date & time on all applications.

PM or email questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

<snip>A pure guess but I'd be willing to bet that apps won't be available till after the Targeting Education match in May that Linda is working. I doubt that she wants to deal with both of them at the same time. I know I couldn't handle one.

Just saw this one. The May 1 date was selected so that I could get the bulk of the applications in & confirmed before I leave for Michigan May 14th. By then, SC State will be done & Summer Blast will be full. (currently dealing with 3 major matches :wacko: )

I hate to have applications piling up when I am out of town & folks are left wondering whether or not they got in the match.

This one is pretty easy. I set up a sub folder in drafts called "FB3G Confirm" & put 130 copies of the Saturday confirmation letters in it. I sort envelopes by postmark, and send everyone a confirmation in order. Once all the draft confirmations are sent, I announce the match is full. I have several months to put together a database file. B)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico